Saturday, September 24, 2005

First Assessments on the Day After

Morning after Rita's landfall, at my home roughly 110 miles (176 km) from the same. You can see a small pine branch down near the tree on the right, and a few of these dot the yard. All OK here. We are still experiencing sustained winds of 25-30 mph (40-48 kmph), with gusts up to 40 mph (64 kmph).


[Update 0920: suffering intermittent power outages of a few seconds duration; about half a dozen since 0800h]


Backyard is a different story. We lost the back fence. Gee, I didn't know these folks had such a nice pool! Total number of panels lost looks like five.

[Update 0820h: the fence is a total loss, as the structural integrity of the other posts have been compromised]
[Update 0900h: the panels to the right have been blown over]


I left my old running shoes on the window sill (accidentally) at the back of the house. I lose the fence, but the old 'dogs' stay. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home